VFX Basics: Moving from After Effects to Nuke
Passion and Good Follow-Through
Adobe After Effects CC
The Foundry Nuke (non-commercial/ commercial version)
If you want to learn how to use industry-standard software, Nuke, to create fancy visual effects (VFX) shots, but you don’t even know how to bring in your files - then you’re looking at the right course. This beginner course will help you get a head start with Nuke’s interface or even help you transition your compositing skills from After Effects - either way, you are introduced to the intimate details of Nuke.
Learn that Other Compositing Tool to Grow as a VFX Artist .
Learn by working through a revamped version of our very own Filmtorial® where we work on a commissioned piece of art for David from Prometheus (2012) .
Why This Course?
- Taught by a real professional in the visual effects and film industry who worked on actual Hollywood blockbusters
- Step-by-step guide with a practical and hands-on mini project to work on
- In-depth exploration into the differences and similarities across the two software
- Networking and open collaboration opportunities with instructor and students
- Participate in a new e-learning movement and style of learning by being a part of a story as student characters
Empower yourself by picking up the tool used by 80% of the Visual Effects Industry.
You will Learn How:
- To use the Nuke interface from scratch
- To use and apply basic nodes and effects from After Effects in Nuke
- To comfortably prepare work files, composite and render your work in Nuke
The best part of it all - this course is utterly and ridiculously FREE .
Who this course is for:
- Film students and graduates interested in visual effects post-production
- Students who want to transition from After Effects compositing to node-based compositing software Nuke
- NOT for existing advanced or seasoned Nuke users