The Manager’s Guide to Effective One on One Meetings
- You should be (or soon become) a people manager.
One on one meetings don’t have the best reputation. They’re rarely structured and often don’t feel very productive or rewarding. As a result, many managers end up dreading their one on one meetings, or not holding them at all. Yet one on ones are crucial to making your employees feel valued, giving them a space work through problems with their manager, give and receive feedback, and grow and develop their career. As a manager, you might be wondering how you can make your one on ones more productive, more structured, and more rewarding, for both yourself and your employees, but don’t know where to start.
In this course, the Udemy Learning and Development team shares frameworks and strategies, as well as tools and resources you can use to make your one on ones not only effective, but excellent.
In “The Manager’s Guide to Effective One on One Meetings,” you will gain:
- An understanding of the different types of one on ones and their purpose.
- Concrete tools and tips that you can implement in your one on ones today.
- Worksheets that you can use with your direct reports to help them with their day-to-day projects and career development.
- Frameworks to make it easier to give feedback to your employees.
Holding effective one on ones is a crucial management skill that makes your team more productive in reaching company goals, and each of your team members more happy in their day-to-day work.
In this course, you will not only hear best practices for holding one on ones from Udemy’s Head of Learning & Development, Shelley Osborne, but also get tactical tips from some of Udemy’s best managers.
We’re thrilled to invite you to be a part of this engaging online training!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for managers of all levels who want to get more out of their 1:1s.