No programming experience needed
A computer with a text editor
Updated on 2016-May-13: please be noted that the 3D web API beta version has been upgraded to v.4.0
“The world we live is full of coordinates and I love it!" - Alfred Lam, the course instructor.
“The essence of creating a beautiful map is balance!" - Alfred Lam, the course instructor.
GIS stands for Geographic Information System. It is composed of hardware, software, people, environment, and data. Therefore, students with different backgrounds can learn and use GIS. The purpose of this course is to convey a concept to students that adding a 3D GIS map to web for your clients is not difficult. You can spend your minimum time to handle it.
After completing this course and the exercises, you will be able to:
- Create a 2D webMap;
- Generate a 3D webMap without coding;
- Build a web app loaded with 3D webMap;
- Build a 3D basemap web app;
- Select and switch basemaps;
- Zoom to a map point;
- Set a camera view position;
- Add a search widget to search a location;
- Add a basemap toggle widget to toggle a basemap;
Who this course is for:
- GIS users
- Anyone who are interested in creating 3D GIS maps