SkyCiv Structural Engineering for Students: Structural Steel
Interest in Structural Engineering Analysis and Design
Chrome or Firefox Browser
Familiarity with Steel as a structural building material in the United States
SkyCiv Structural Engineering for Students: Structural Steel will either re-enforce topics you have learned in class or help you grasp new ones that aren’t covered. One of the main goals of the course is to use real examples to help you bridge the gap from college coursework to the industry, as well as expose you to topics that aren’t usually covered in undergraduate curriculum. If you have never been used structural engineering software, this course will give you a great idea of the ideal workflows used in practice through the use of the SkyCiv platform.
If you want to work alongside the examples in this course as well as the other courses, you can complete the majority of tasks with a SkyCiv Student Account , which you can sign up for directly from the SkyCiv website.
The main component of this course includes walking through the 3D modeling, loading, and analysis of a 3 dimensional warehouse structure, all with the SkyCiv software suite. At the end of the analysis phase of the project, there will be a “What’s Next?” section of lectures that will go through and expose you to steel connection design in accordance with AISC 360 using the Connection Design module. The features used in those lectures are not available with a SkyCiv Student account.
To continue building your structural engineering knowledge in SkyCiv, make sure to check out other FREE courses in this series:
- SkyCiv Structural Engineering for Students
- SkyCiv Structural Engineering for Students: Reinforced Concrete
Join us in learning how to use the SkyCiv platform to enhance and expand your current structural engineering knowledge!
Who this course is for:
- Civil or Structural Engineering students trying to learn how to model and use structural engineering software
- Civil or Structural Engineering students trying to learn more about structural engineering industry workflow
- Civil or Structural Engineering students interested in underlying theoretical principles of structural analysis (FEA, Fixity, etc)
- Civil or Structural Engineering students wanting to learn how to use SkyCiv
- Civil or Structural Engineering students trying to learn about structural analysis types
- Civil or Structural Engineering students curious about steel connection and member design