R, ggplot, and Simple Linear Regression
- You will need to install both R and RStudio on your computer. We will, however, cover this in the first lecture.
Data science skills are in much demand today, but it is not just the mathematicians, statisticians, and the computer scientists who can benefit from acquiring them. Data science skills are for everyone!
In this course, I help you to begin using R, one of the most important tools in data science, and the excellent graphics package for R, ggplot2. Along the way, I also show you the basics of simple linear regression.
There are no prerequisites. We begin with installation of R and RStudio, and I introduce R and ggplot skills as they are needed as we progress toward an understanding of linear regression.
Students should be able to complete the course within two weeks, working at an easy pace.
Linear regression is a machine learning technique. I hope to create more courses like this one in the future, teaching machine learning, R, ggplot, dplyr, and programming, all at the same time.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners interested in using R.
- This course is for beginners interested in learning about the graphics package ggplot2.
- This course is for beginners interested in learning some basics of linear regression.
- This course is NOT for those with a background in statistics who use R and are familiar with ggplot2.