OneDrive Essentials for the workplace -OneDrive Fundamentals
A smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer and a good pair of headphones
A willingness to learn and an open mind
OneDrive is the Microsoft cloud service that connects you to all your files. It lets you store and protect your files, share them with others, and get to them from anywhere on all your devices . When you use OneDrive with an account provided by your company or school, it’s sometimes called OneDrive for Business.
All files that you store in OneDrive for Business are private unless you decide to share them. You can share files and folders with co-workers so you can collaborate on projects. If you’re signed-in to Microsoft 365, you may even be able to share with partners outside of your organization, depending on what your company allows.
When you send email from Outlook Web App, you can attach a OneDrive for Business file as a link, instead of sending an attachment. When you Attach a file as a link, you automatically give the people you send the message to permission to edit the file. Plus, you save space in everyone’s mailbox and encourage people to edit the same copy in OneDrive for Business.
How is OneDrive for Business different from OneDrive?
It’s all OneDrive, which means you use the same apps to sync files down to your Windows PC or Mac, or get to your files from your Android or iOS device. You just sign in with your work or school account to use OneDrive for Business, or sign in with your Microsoft account to use OneDrive personal.
OneDrive is online personal storage that you get when you set up a Microsoft account to use services such as Outlook or Xbox. Use OneDrive to save documents, photos, and other files in the cloud, share them with friends, and even collaborate on content. When you subscribe to Microsoft 365, you get 1 TB of storage and premium OneDrive features.
OneDrive for Business is online storage for work or school. Your OneDrive for Business is managed by your organization and lets you share and collaborate on work documents with co-workers. Site collection administrators in your organization control what you can do in the your OneDrive library.
Although you can’t connect your personal OneDrive to your Microsoft 365 business account, you can copy or move files between them.
Pledge to All Students (both current & future students)
- Students First . I will never compromise your experience to make money. Never, ever. Yes, this is also a business but to me teaching goes way beyond making money. I already have a full time job and fortunately don’t rely on teaching to survive. You are always at the forefront of my courses and I want to ensure you have a unique, valuable and memorable experience. I promise.
- 24x7x365 Support. You can contact me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round, even on holidays, Christmas and New Years Eve; I will get back to you quickly (in a few hours tops) and deliver outstanding quality of service in my support. I promise.
- Humbleness, kindness and social responsibility. I believe in giving back to you and the world. So think of me as your own real-life human “Siri.” If you need advice or support just ask. And if I can do something to help you in your journey, I will. I promise.
- Australian Made. Recognized in the Industry as a symbol of quality and excellence. All my courses are Made in Australia with high tech and professionally edited. They also include my secret sauce: a lot of passion & love! I also apply in my courses everything I’ve learnt from years of experience working with technology, projects, entrepreneurs and people all over the world. I promise.
- Quality over Quantity . I will strive to make courses concise, to the point and relevant. Time is one of our most valuable assets and we need to invest it carefully. So I won’t make a course long for the purpose of displaying it has more hours; only when strictly necessary. To me it’s about quality and if I can deliver that in 5 minutes and save you time, I will. I promise.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to learn more about OneDrive
- People who want to use OneDrive for work or even for personal use