No prerequisites or requirements, you can get started now
A desire to learn the basics of network protocols
No physical networking hardware or software required
This course is for the absolute beginner. Have you ever wanted to know, in very simple terms, the answers to the following questions:
- What are network protocols?
- How do computers communicate with each other?
- What is the OSI model?
- Why are protocols important in IT networking?
If you answered yes, then this course is for you. Our goal with this course is to provide a simple, conceptual introduction to the fundamentals of IT networking and its protocols. There are no technical explanations or definitions to memorize - this course is visual, and strictly conceptual. When you are done with this course, you will have the foundation to move forward onto more advanced networking courses. And by having the frame-of-reference understanding from this course, you will be more prepared to tackle the more complex technical concepts and terminology.
As an added bonus to all who enroll, we have made a select group of Linux Academy’s Hands-On Labs and flashcards available for free to all students who wish to take advantage of them. Instructions on how to access these bonus features will be provided during the course.
(NOTE: These bonus features are not a required part of the course. They are an addition you can choose if you so wish.)
Who this course is for:
- The Network Protocol Fundamentals course is for the absolute beginner
- You want to build a basic foundation for a career in IT networking
- You want a high-level understanding of different computer networking protocols