Interview Training for Hiring Managers and Teams
There is no prerequisite knowledge or material required for this course.
Some experience with workplace interviews (as an interviewee) will be beneficial, but not required.
Have you ever been asked to interview candidates for a role on your team, but didn’t really know where to start? Were you unclear about how to review a resume or what questions you should ask?
Many employees are asked to be part of a hiring panel with little to no training on how to actually prepare for and conduct interviews, or how to adequately assess candidates. This course is built for both hiring team members and hiring managers who need an efficient yet effective primer on the interview process and tactical tips for conducting interviews and evaluating candidates.
In my 20 years of recruiting, I’ve conducted thousands of interviews, worked with hundreds of candidates, and helped dozens of teams find the right people for the job . In my current role as Head of Recruiting at Udemy, I oversee a team of recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators and teach the larger organization about interviewing best practices. I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you!
In this course, you will:
- Discover how you can create a 5-star candidate experience
- Determine your company’s Employer Value Proposition (EVP) and how to use it to attract talent
- Review the most relevant steps of the hiring process and your role/responsibility during each
- Learn a strategy for reviewing resumes and developing interview questions from them
- Identify when to use technical, cultural, and behavioral questions to get the information you need
- Dive deep into the on-site interview , with tips for what to do before, during, and after
- Assess a candidate’s fit by considering the evidence you have and evaluating competencies
- Reliably interview within the law by determining what you can and can’t ask
Finding a good fit for a position is important to ensure your team can do its best work with the best people. If you are part of the interview panel, you play a large role in making sure both you and the candidate get what they need out of the interview experience. Having a game plan for your interviews will prepare you to serve this role, and this course will provide you with the knowledge you need to help your team find that perfect fit.
Throughout this course, you’ll apply the skills you’ll need to successfully interview. You’ll practice reading resumes to glean the information you’ll need to prepare for your interview. You’ll dive into some role play scenarios to see behavioral interviewing in action. I’ve provided resources you can download to help prepare for your interviews. I’ve also gotten some of my best recruiters to share insights on their interviewing techniques.
If you’re ready to nail your upcoming interviews and help your team find the right people, join me in this course!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for hiring managers or team members who want to better prepare themselves for interviewing and selecting the right candidates for their teams.
- This course is for inexperienced interviewers who need practical tips and strategies to conduct an effective interview.
- This course is not for recruiters or those who have extensive experience with the hiring or interview process.