Healthcare IT Project Manager Interview Bootcamp
You should have basic understanding of Project Management
You should have general knowledge of PMBOK concepts
You should have basic knowledge of MS Project software
Willingness to break into or advance in Healthcare Industry as a PM
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Healthcare industry is set to create 4 million new jobs by 2026, accounting for about a third of total Job Growth. It is a niche and one of the most stable industries, which makes it an attractive industry to focus on for many qualified professionals. Information Technology in Healthcare is even a further step towards securing a growing and rewarding career. Moreover, Project Management is considered to be one of the most advanced professions which will be rather impossible to replace by automation, robotics and technology due to numerous human & interpersonal factors that play into successful management of the projects.
Project Management jobs within IT HealthCare sectors have one of the highest and best compensation packages, with salaries ranging from $120 - $150K, depending on your region.
Interviewing for an IT Project Manager Job can be a nerve wrecking and stressful experience. Even further, getting into a HealthCare sector as an IT Project Manager is not an easy feat but not impossible. Preparation is crucial and one must exhibit not only solid Project Management capabilities and experience, but also relevant HealthCare experience in order to be able to hit the ground running from Day 1.
The following material is decomposed into key 3 sections:
- Before the Interview
- During the Interview
- After the Interview
Each section takes a closer look at strategies and techniques to implement in order to effectively prepare for the interview, answer the most complicated questions and impress the interviewees. We will go over different examples of questions as well as the sample answers that will help you develop and execute a strategy that will get you in the door.
Upon completion of this course, you will be well-prepared to answer the most complicated questions and develop strategies for how to handle the most ambiguous scenarios.
Who is this for?
This material is for a mid-career Project Manager with some experience in IT who is looking to get into HealthCare industry or advance their careers to the next level. If you are currently looking for a new job, new career or have an interview lined up and need to prepare, then this course is for you. Indeed, there is a plethora of material online, but the majority is focused on generic textbook questions and answers. This course will provide you with the most relevant questions and sample answers to the most unexpected and hypothetical questions.
This interview guide is based on real-life scenarios, questions that we use to hire the top talent. This is not just a consolidation of average questions that you can find on the Internet, but rather a practical prep workshop that includes sample responses that you can leverage during your interviews.
The following material assumes that you have a general knowledge and understanding of Project Management basics, at minimum. You do not need to be PMP certified but it is preferred.
You will benefit greatly from this prep guide if:
- You are a Project Manager who is not advancing / getting promoted rapidly as you should
- You are a Project Manager with an unstable Company or an Industry
- You are currently preparing for an Interview with a Healthcare company
- You have limited experience managing Healthcare related projects but want to break into that industry
- You are a Business Analyst / Jr Project Manager / Project Coordinator who is looking to advance to more Senior role as a Project Manager
Who this course is for:
- Project Manager who is preparing for an interview
- Project Manager who is looking to break in or advance in Healthcare Industry
- Project Manager who needs to pass an interview with Healthcare Company
- Project Manager who is not advancing / getting promoted rapidly as you should
- PM with limited experience managing Healthcare related projects but want to break into that industry
- A Business Analyst / Jr Project Manager / Project Coordinator who is looking to advance to more Senior role as a Project Manager