- Basic Mathematics and Fundamentals of Finance.
What you will learn?
- Types of Derivative Instruments and markets
- Definitions and terminologies
If you are a beginner and don’t know much about Financial Derivatives. Then you have come to the right place as I have covered all the concepts from scratch.
Why you should take this course? What value it will add?
Let me first discuss some problems and issues that students encounter when they study Financial derivatives.
- First, Financial derivatives is one of the complexed courses in Finance, as the students need to have a strong knowledge about fundamentals of Finance to understand the pricing and valuation of financial derivatives instruments.
- Second, one concept leads to another, so students find it difficult to understand linkages between various interlinked concepts.
- Third, many of the concepts covered in Financial derivatives are difficult to relate to real life examples as compared to the other subjects in Finance such as Corporate Finance or Financial Reporting and Analysis.
I have tried to address the above mentioned issues
- By adding complementary lectures to explain fundamentals of finance which are relevant to the topics covered in the Financial derivatives
- I have divided the concepts into various parts and explained each part separately and also how all components are related to one another
- I have included examples and focused on relating a concept to a situation. This will help students to visualize, which in turn help them to retain the concepts
- Used plain language
This course is divided into three sections
- Forward & Futures
- CDS, Options and SWAPs
I will advise you to watch the videos in the manner that they are listed as videos in the later sections contain examples explained in the earlier videos.
Who this course is for
- This course is for CFA Level 1 Candidates
- This course is for students who are interested in studying Financial derivatives at University level programs
Who this course is for:
- Finance Students
- CFA Students