Electrical Design in Industrial Automation - The Insight
- Just an interest in electrical engineering / industrial automation
- December 20, 2019 - added Closed Caption in English - EDITED, not auto-generated.
welcome to my introductory course on industrial automation and electrical design engineering.
If you are planning to look for a job as an electrical design engineer then this course is the best choice to start with.
In this course we are going to cover two main segments:
- Industrial refrigeration system
- what is this project all about - customer requirements and key features
- how I was able to design this kind of industrial automation system
photos of as-built situation of all cabinets :
- main power infeed cabinet (E-Cu busbars 50x10mm and main circuit breaker)
- Danfoss softstarters cabinet (they drive 160kW and 132kW screw type compressors )
- technology cabinet - ca. 100kW of power consumption
- PLC cabinet (Siemens S7-1500)
- Key features of the software I use on a daily basis to be able to design an electrical system for such an application:
- Simaris Design - power calculation software (where I dimensioned all the protection devices, cables etc.
- Rittal Therm - software for heat loss calculations and dimensioning of a climate control system inside enclosure (fans, AC)
- Eplan Electric P8 - software I used to create all the circuit diagrams on a professional engineering level
If you like what you see, enroll in the course and I’ll be seeing you in the lectures.
Ivan (aka Eplan Tutor)
Who this course is for:
- For those of you interested in industrial automation and electrical design engineering