Change Agility in the Workplace: Become a Change Agent
- There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
NOTE: We originally built this course with the intention of addressing normal workplace change. However, with the spread of COVID-19, the normal workplace itself is changing. We wanted to get this course out sooner than planned as we feel the strategies and techniques included will help you better face the unprecedented change the world is going through now.
Change can be hard. Change is also inevitable and necessary. In order to successfully grow as a company, a team, or an individual, we must be able to adapt to change and persevere through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Easier said than done, right? This course will provide you with the strategies you need to personally handle the constant change we face in the modern workplace on an individual level. We’ll zero in on 5 change-focused mindsets you should adopt and some concrete strategies to put them into practice! You’ll finish this course with the tools you need to confidently become an agent of change.
In this course, you will:
- Use situational awareness to better comprehend change as it happens.
- Work through the 5 Stages of Change to navigate emotional responses to change.
- Adopt ideation techniques to help generate innovative approaches to new situations.
- Reframe your circumstances to confront change with a new perspective.
- Discuss how to make decisions without knowing the full picture.
- Identify the questions you need to answer in order to clearly communicate a change.
The modern workplace does not stay the same for very long - change agility is an essential skill in order to function successfully at work. Having the tools to prepare for and move through change (when it inevitably comes) will set you up to be more resilient and flexible when it really counts.
As someone who has dedicated my life to learning and education, I have seen my fair share of change - first as a high school teacher and now as the VP of Learning at Udemy. I have spent my career focused on helping others grow, something that is absolutely rooted in our openness and willingness to change. Now, it’s part of my job to prepare my colleagues for constant change so they can move through it successfully, and I hope to help you do the same in this course.
If you’re ready to face change with a new mindset, let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- Employees who want to increase their personal change agility in the face of workplace and personal change.
- Managers who want the tools to guide their employees when dealing with changing circumstances.