An Introduction To Video Game Production
A device to be able to view and listen to the lectures
A PDF reader on your device
Office Software of any kind
A notepad and pen
That’s it, you’re good to go!
A complete introduction to how video games are produced from what a game producer does everyday to how to build and maintain a backlog, how marketing affects your production plans to the ethics of being a producer, and a whole bunch more.
This course is set up for anyone interested in how video games are produced , from fresh producers to game design and production students and indeed anyone who just wants to have a look behind the curtain of video game production.
In the course we go through a set of lectures covering all areas of game production , complete with exercises you can try, and at the end we take what we’ve learned and run through an example project, which can act as a proxy for your own game.
By the end of the course you should be equipped to plan and produce your own video game in a conscientious way , aware of and now able to avoid all the pitfalls and problems most teams have to experience for themselves.
You get lifetime access to this course for one fee, and t he instructor is an experienced games industry producer who’s worked on some of the biggest games ever released (like GTA V & Cyberpunk 2077) and wants to share the knowledge they’ve gained so you can make your own projects in a safer, less risky way.
What this course ISN’T :
- We discuss the skills of a video game producer and all the essential knowledge required to PLAN your project effectively, this course is not focused on BUILDING a game (check Udemy for other awesome courses on how to use Unity or Unreal to build a game!)
Who this course is for:
- Game development students
- New video game producers
- Anyone who’d like to get into the industry as a producer
- Gamers who want to see behind the curtain a little
- Journalists who may want to do some extra research into the role of a game producer