Ambigram Design for Beginners
- This course does not require specialized knowledge in any field
An ambigram of a word is legible even when it is read from a different orientation, either when rotated upside down or when viewed in a mirror.
Popular examples of ambigrams are seen in the novel “Angels & Demons” by Dan Brown, notably the ambigram of the “Illuminati” cult and those of the 4 elements - ‘Earth’, ‘Air’, ‘Fire’ and ‘Water’.
The Latin script wasn’t designed to be legible when read upside-down, which makes the idea of designing an ambigram of a word seem really difficult…at first.
This 45-minute course shares a technique to make rotational ambigrams; which are legible even when read upside down. It will cover the following forms of rotational ambigrams:
- Single word ambigrams- which look like the same word when rotated.
- Multi-word ambigrams- which look like a different word when rotated.
- Multi-lingual ambigrams- which look like a word in a different language when rotated.
- Single orientation ambigrams- which do not need to be rotated.
Who this course is for:
- The audience to this course can belong to any age group.