Acumen Presents: Prasad Setty of Google on People Analytics
- Anyone can take this course. You do not need any prior knowledge or additional equipment.
In today’s competitive knowledge economy, a company’s ability to attract, retain and develop talented people is critical. Yet, in most organizations, we end up basing personnel decisions on emotions, instincts or politics rather than data. Important decisions about talent end up becoming black-box calculations rather than data-driven choices.
Enter People Analytics. This emerging field uses data to advance how organizations make decisions about human resources and enables leaders to operate on evidence rather than intuition.
Prasad Setty leads the People Analytics team at Google and is a pioneer in this field. In this course, he’ll offer you a behind-the-scenes look at how Google conducts groundbreaking research to distill the characteristics of the most effective teams and managers. He’ll walk you through how his team uses data to inform Google’s decisions about promotions, compensation, and team structure and help you get started incorporating data into your own human resource decisions—even if you’re a social entrepreneur starting at a much smaller and scrappier scale.
By the end of this course, you’ll have worked towards establishing a data-powered, performance-driven culture for your own enterprise and gained practical tips for building people analytics processes. This course is for anyone who wants to develop a smarter social enterprise where key personnel decisions are data-informed and human-approved.
Who this course is for:
- Managers who want to make data-driven decisions about induviduals, teams and their management practices
- HR Professionals who want to incorporate data analysis into their practice
- Data Analysis professionals looking to apply their skills to people manamgement decisions
- People interested in Google’s experiments and lessons learned about People Analytics