A Guide to Accessories for DSLRs
- The information presented in this course won’t be as useful if you don’t already own a DSLR.
This course covers DSLR accessories that you may be interested in if you recently purchased a camera. This is a comprehensive course, and you don’t need any more information than basic information about DSLRs. If you’re feeling lost about what kind of accessories you should buy for your needs, this is the course for you!
Accessories are helpful (and often essential) for many types of shooting scenarios. Additionally, each kind of DSLR accessory is different and is used in different settings. We’ll discuss what kinds of accessories there are and how each are used, especially with different kinds of situations and techniques.
This course is chock full of helpful resources within the lesson videos, including links to helpful third-party websites, diagrams, and hands-on examples.
Below is the full course index:
Section 1: Introduction – Learning from the Start
- Introduction (1:20)
- The Essentials (5:11)
- Kit Lenses and Finding the Right Gear (7:26)
- Memory Cards (6:53)
- Worthwhile Investments (9:56)
- Photographer’s Contract Maker (2:48)
Section 2: Gear Maintenance
- Storage Solutions and Cleaning Your Gear (9:34)
- Deep Cleaning Lenses (8:24)
- Cleaning the Sensor (5:55)
Section 3: Support and Stabilization
- Tripods (7:50)
- More Types of Stabilization (7:20)
- Straps (2:00)
Section 4: Lenses and Lens Accessories
- Lens Crash Course (7:37)
- Lens Accessories (9:34)
- Filters (6:17)
Section 5: Light
- External Flashes, Reflectors, and More (8:18)
- Studio Lighting Gear (8:52)
- Four-Way Studio Lighting (3:45)
Section 6: Conclusion
- Miscellaneous Accessories (8:58)
- Wrap Up and Conclusion (1:21)
At a comfortable pace, the course should take about half a week to complete, though it can certainly be done in less or greater time, depending on your learning style.
You should be familiar with some basic terminology regarding accessories, such as “lens,” and “tripod,” though these terms will be explained in the course.
Ultimately, it’s our end goal to prepare you to have a clear idea of what kind of accessories you need, and for you to know what the best kind of equipment is, and how to use, maintain, and enjoy it. If you’ve been waiting to learn about the kinds of DSLR accessories you’ll need in photography, we look forward to seeing you in this course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for everyone who wants to learn about the various types of DSLR accessories