Udemy coupon for a complete guide on how to build an IP database using Asana
No prior knowledge is required.
No specific materials are required for this course.
You need a laptop, internet connection and a browser.
Good understanding of English language.
Welcome to the course “A complete guide on how to build an IP database using Asana”
This course was designed to build your own intellectual property (IP) database to store all the information for your assets in a way that will allow you to manage them properly.
You will learn how to use one of the most well-known project management applications Asana to build your database , without the need to hire experts or to pay for specialized software.
Why is having such a database important?
Without a database the protection of your patents, trademarks, designs, domains, copyrights, etc. can be jeopardized, which in turn can lead to lost profit and business opportunities or even legal conflicts.
What is the chance this of this happening?
What is typical for the contemporary economy is the predominant importance of intangible assets as a competition tool that can give every company a market advantage . According to many research, intangible assets represent 80% of the companies value in developed countries.
In most of the cases, these intangible assets are different intellectual property rights such as patents for inventions, trademarks, copyrights, designs, domain names, copyrights, etc.
Intellectual property is an asset for every company and can be the main reason for a company’s success or failure. This is crucial in particular for startups and entrepreneurs because it can represent their sole market advantage.
In light of this, monitoring and management of all available intellectual property assets in one company is vital for its development.
Intellectual property protection requires some actions to be done in compliance with the law. That is to say, dealing with different procedures, negotiations, deadlines which will allow this protection to be granted.
Because of this, the information for all intellectual property rights has to be stored and managed in one database with easy access for daily monitoring.
This will help the intellectual property owner to know all the developments and deadlines and based on that to take the necessary decisions.
Without such a database, the existence of a company’s intellectual property can be jeopardized.
In this course I will show you:
- How to build your own IP database in a very simple way, using one very well-known free project management application called Asana.
- You will learn what an intellectual property database is and what its main components and elements are.
- I will acquaint you with Asana’s main characteristics and options and based on them how to create a logical structure for a database and what essential information for every IP asset to be included in it.
- At the end, I will give you some tips and hints on how to manage this database in an efficient and less time-consuming way.
- As a bonus, I will also include a PDF document that summarizes the database structure, including its sections and main elements for every intellectual property asset that has to be included in it.
Why choose this course?
- This course will help you build a database where you will be able to store information for your intellectual property assets.
- Having such a database you will not miss important deadlines regarding your intellectual property rights.
- Gathering all data related to your intellectual property will allow you to manage it more efficiently, finding out at any moment what you have and what you need to acquire in order for your business to be operational and viable.
- Managing such a database will save you from losing essential IP rights because of missed deadlines or failure to meet the Patent Office procedure’s requirements.
- An IP database can save you from potential legal conflicts about intellectual property rights that you need to acquire for your activity.
- You will be able to communicate with your team, IP attorneys, and contractors on all tasks and issues related to intellectual property matters.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Ventsi. I’ve been working in the field of intellectual property protection and management for more than 12 years. I’ve participated in many corporate projects to launch new brands on the market and the related process of their registration before the Patent Offices. Some of my responsibilities include building and managing huge corporate intellectual property databases which allow efficient and time-consuming work over all intellectual property assets within a company. From that perspective, I’ve gained significant expertise in how to successfully deal with such IP databases which in turn supports the entire company’s business development.
What knowledge will I gain from this course?
- Lifetime access to the course which covers the most essential aspects of building an intellectual property database.
- Interactive screencast videos that give you a clear view on how to build an IP database.
- Tests and assignments throughout the course which will help you to put the knowledge that you will gain into practice.
- Guidance on common pitfalls and best practices regarding storing and managing intellectual property information.
Disclaimer: The materials available in this course are for educational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice or opinion. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. The aim of this course is to teach you how to build an intellectual property database in general. This database and its structure can vary depending on your particular needs. The opinions expressed at or through this course are the opinions of the individual author only.
Who this course is for:
- Wide range from small to large business owners
- Startup companies
- Entrepreneurs, founders, investors, researchers etc.
- Marketing and brand building agencies and experts
- Different artists, designers and freelancers
- Law students and legal professionals
- Everyone with an interest in the field